- High-end development, down on the farm (agrihoods). NAHBNow.
- Could a framing lumber shortage be underway? ConstructionDIVE.
- More space, better resale value: what to know about finishing your basement. The Washington Post.
- DHS to add 15,000 additional H-2B guest worker visas. NAHBNow.
- EPA formally withdraws national post-construction rule. NAHBNow.
- Soaring lumber prices a problem for home builders, buyers. CNNMoney.
- The perk companies should be offering employees: help with housing. CNBC.
- South State Bank commits $100 million to low-income, minority borrowers. Housingwire.
- Greer CPW to expand infrastructure near GSP. GSA Business Report.
- South Carolina builders meet with EPA leaders. NAHBNow.
Friday, August 25, 2017
Ten Home Building industry stories we have read recently:
August 25, 2017.
Thursday, August 24, 2017
Addison Homes received an award from the U.S. Department of Energy recognizing its efforts in taking housing to the next level in zero-energy consumption.
USDOE recognized 26 homes by 24 Home Builders in five housing categories in the 2017 Housing Innovation Awards. Categories include Affordable Homes, Multifamily Homes, Production Homes, Custom Homes, and Speculative Homes.
Addison Homes received an award in the Speculative Homes category.
View the complete listing of DOE award winners by clicking here.
Congratulations Addison Homes.