Thursday, November 19, 2009
HBA of Greenville Annual Meeting
Your Home Builders Association of Greenville held its Annual Meeting and Spike Appreciation Luncheon today at the Greenville Hilton. The agenda included recognition of Spike Members, election of the 2010 Board of Directors, and approval of amendments to the association's bylaws.
Barry Rutenberg, Third Vice Chairman of the National Association of Home Builders, addressed the membership. He provided a report on the national housing industry and the steps NAHB is taking to address AD&C lending conditions and appraisal rules. He also reported on the new Home Buyer Tax Credit and the new rules on Net Operating Loss Carryback.
Spike members recognized included:
· Todd Lanxton, 6 Penny Spike
· Seabrook Marchant, 16 Penny Spike
· Tom Dillard, 25 Penny Spike
· Coleman Shouse, 25 Penny Spike
· Todd Usher, 25 Penny Spike
· Tom Ward, 25 Penny Spike
· Lou Hutchings, 50 Penny Spike
· Bruce Pasquarella, 50 Penny Spike
· Keith Rodgers, 50 Penny Spike
· Hal Dillard, 75 Penny Spike
· Wayne Moore, 100 Penny Spike
· Rob Murphy, 100 Penny Spike
· Dan Rawls, 150 Penny Spike
Speaker Barry Rutenberg also was recognized for 750 Spikes.
Members also visited the table top displays of our three meeting sponsors:
· HBS Foam Insulation
· Palmetto Pro Tint
· Superior Walls by Weaver PreCast of South Carolina
Our next meeting will be the association's 50th Anniversary Celebration on January 16, 2010.