- $500 gift certificate toward a complete shower or bathtub, wall and fixtures installation from Bath Fitter.
- 4-ft Handcrafted Oak Glider from The Wood Shoppe
- $500 Gift Card from BI-LO
- Complete set of outdoor furniture from BI-LO
- Two pallets, plus delivery, of sod of your choice from Carolina Fresh Farms
- $500 Massage/Reflexology package from Greenville Natural Health Center
- $500 Acupuncture Treatments package from Greenville Natural Health Center
- $500 Facial package from Greenville Natural Health Center
- $500 Gift Certificate from Grout Works
- CuddleBag (color of your choice) from AV Innovations
- InSinkErator Evolution Pro Compact Disposal from InSinkErator & Gateway Supply
- Gerber 1.28-Gallon Flush Avalanche Toilet from Gerber & Gateway Supply
- Kohler Wellworth 1.28 Gallon Flush Toilet from Kohler & Gateway Supply (One awarded each day of the show.)
- Grohe Showerhead from Grohe & Gateway Supply
- Brizo Faucet from Brizo & Gateway Supply
- Ten $100 Shopping Sprees from Jeff Lynch Appliance & TV Center awarded throughout the show.
- $25 Gift Certificates for purchase of a Kohler product of $50 or more from Gateway Supply Greenville. (One awarded each day of the show.)
Friday, February 18, 2011
Special Promotions, Prizes Part Of Home Show’s 50th Anniversary Celebration
By Wayne Moore, 2011 HBA President
Hundreds of exhibits with everything imaginable for inside and outside the home are the headliners of the Southern Home & Garden Show. But the promotions and prize packages put together for the March 4-6 show at Carolina First Center will add an air of excitement to this year’s 50th Anniversary celebration.
Live Broadcasts, Special Appearances
Prior to show opening on Friday, March 4, Your Carolina will give its viewers a sneak preview of what show visitors can expect to see as WSPA-TV’s popular lifestyle program hosted by Kimberly Kelly and Jack Roper broadcasts live from Carolina First Center from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. On Friday afternoon, News Radio WORD’s Bob McLain will broadcast his show live from the exhibit floor from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m.
On Saturday, WSPA-FM (Magic 98.9) will introduce its new mid-day personality Kaci Kruz to show visitors from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m., and WROQ-FM (Rock 101) will launch its ‘20 Cities In 20 Days’ tour from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. in celebration of its 20th year in the Upstate market. And broadcasting live from the show throughout the weekend is 107.3 JAMZ.
Ugliest Room In The Upstate Contest
On Saturday, March 5, WSSL-FM Whistle 100 Morning Team Bill Ellis and Beth Bradley will be on hand from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. to determine the winner of the show’s Ugliest Room In The Upstate Contest. Photos of 10 ugly rooms, selected from online submissions to WSSL-FM, WESC-FM and WMYI-FM websites, will be displayed at the show where visitors will vote for the ugliest. The winner will receive a $3000 room makeover package from BOGARI and Dillard-Jones Renovations.
March Madness Media Zone
AV Innovations and PET Dairy are teaming up to present the March Madness Media Zone where basketball enthusiasts can catch the action of their favorite teams or challenge their friends to games on the Wii. Game watchers and players also can enjoy complimentary PET Dairy product samples.
Hourly Prize Giveaways
Hourly prizes ranging from groceries to gliders will be awarded during the 50th Annual Southern Home & Garden Show. Visitors can enter to win at each show entrance with a winner drawn every hour of the three-day event. No purchase is necessary. Prizes include:
Build The House Canned Food Drive
Visitors who miss buying advance tickets at BI-LO can bring a non-perishable canned good to the show and receive $1 off the price of admission. Visitors will help fill a 10’ x 10’ reverse house built by students in the Building Construction Department of Greenville Tech. At the conclusion of the show, canned goods will be donated to Harvest Hope Food Bank, which distributes food and related products to 71 agencies throughout Greenville County and eight agencies in Laurens County.
Please join us for what promises to be a true Golden Anniversary celebration at the 2011 Southern Home & Garden Show. For more information, visit www.HBAofGreenville.com. And don’t forget to get your $1 off advance tickets on sale at BI-LO through March 3.