The seminar is open to the entire home improvement industry compliments of the Home Builders Association of Greenville.
The seminar will feature speakers on the various aspects of the new lead paint rule. EPA is beginning to step up its enforcement of the lead paint rule, so it is important for the home improvement industry to understand and comply with the rule.
- 3:00-3:30 What is Abatement?: Lead Abatement Training Components, Greenville Technical College, Joy Finch
- 3:30-3:50 Statistics: South Carolina Health Department Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program, M.L. Tanner
- 3:50-4:10 Legal implications of not complying, Childs Thrasher, of Gallivan White and Boyd
- 4:20-4:40 Are You Insured? (Insurance options available, costs and coverage), Palmetto Insurance, Howard Cox
- 4:40-5:10 Proper use of Lead Testing Equipment Lead Check, W. Jonson
- 5:10-5:40 Renovation and Repair Painting Rule, EPA Region 4, Andrea Lippitt
- 5:40-6:00 Questions and Answers