- Hold mandatory safety meetings at the start of each day so that everyone knows the rules.
- Keep walkways and stairways clear of trash, debris and materials like tools and supplies to prevent tripping and falls.
- Pick up boxes, scrap lumber and other materials and put them in a dumpster or trash/debris area to prevent fire and tripping hazards.
- Provide enough light so workers can see any hazards and prevent accidents.
- Provide an adequate supply of drinking water and restrooms.
- Always wear personal protective equipment (e.g., hard hats, goggles, gloves, non-skid work boots).
- Always maintain three points of contact while ascending or descending a ladder.
- Take regular breaks to reduce the chance of an accident happening due to exhaustion.
Thursday, December 15, 2016
Tips for Maintaining a Safe Job Site
Following these eight rules can help workers steer clear of the most common jobsite hazards and keep construction sites looking neat, professional, and well cared for.