Hartness Development, Inc. (HDI) is seeking a self-motivated, high energy and team-oriented Construction Manager to assist in the creation of Hartness, a 440 acre master-planned Traditional Neighborhood Development located in Greenville, South Carolina. This walkable community will consist of more than 600 homes in a variety of architectural styles and types, a 180-acre nature preserve, and a quaint village center with restaurants, retail shops, offices, and civic spaces.
HDI has compiled an exclusive group of local custom home builders to build the majority of the single-family detached homes at Hartness. However, HDI will build, or hire contractors to build, a variety of single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, mixed-use commercial buildings, and community amenities.
Job responsibilities will include, but will not not be limited to:
- Work with the HDI team to plan and manage light commercial and residential construction projects from start to finish
- Collaborate with architects, designers, engineers, general contractors, and other construction industry professionals
- Manage the Hartness builder group
- Create and manage standard residential building specifications
- Administer residential design and construction guidelines
- Support the architectural review process
- Prepare and negotiate cost estimates, budgets, and work timetables
- Select appropriate construction methods and strategies
- Interpret and explain contracts and technical information
- Select, hire, and instruct material suppliers and contractors
- Supervise construction personnel and activities onsite
- Report on work progress and budget matters
Education Requirements: Associate or Bachelor’s degree in construction science, construction management, architecture, or engineering (or qualifying work experience in one or more of these fields).
Work Experience: 10 years minimum experience in light commercial and residential construction.
Professional Licensing: South Carolina Residential Builder (or have qualifications for licensing); South Carolina General Contractor (or have qualifications for licensing).
Interested applicants, contact Clay Driggers, Director of Development, Hartness Development, Inc., 3500 S. Highway 14,Greenville, SC 29615. 864-304-0472. firstname.lastname@example.org.