- 40% – subcontractors or specialty trade contractors.
- 13% – professional specialty.
- 10% – retail dealerships or distributorships.
- 9% – financial services.
- 5% – wholesale dealerships or distributorships.
- 21% – another type of primary activity.
The average number of employees on the payroll and company revenues for associate members varies significantly based on the member's business activity; the median number of employees is 8 and the median revenue is about $1.3 million. Detailed information on the survey analysis is available here.