A primary run off election will be held Tuesday, June 24, for races a candidate did not receive 50 percent or more of the vote. The polls are open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
South Carolina Builders PAC has contributed to the following candidate, who will be on the ballot for the runoff on June 24:
- Lt. Governor: Henry McMaster (R)
Originally posted May 10, 2014:
It is the election season. Have you noticed? The Primary Election is Tuesday, June 10. Polls open in South Carolina at 7 a.m. and remain open until 7 p.m.
Please vote on June 10 in the party primary of your choice.
NAHB BuildPAC has contributed to the following candidates:
- U.S. Senator: Senator Lindsay Graham (R)
- U.S. Senator: Senator Tim Scott (R)
- U.S. House District 3: Congressman Jeff Duncan (R)
- U.S. House District 4: Congressman Trey Gowdy (R)
- S.C. House District 3: Ed Harris (R)
- S.C. House District 4: Rep. David Hiott (R)
- S.C. House District 18: Rep. Tommy Stringer (R)
- S.C. House District 20: Rep. Dan Hamilton (R)
- S.C. House District 21: Rep. Phyllis Henderson (R)
- S.C. House District 24: Majority Leader Bruce Bannister (R)
Your Home Builders Association of Greenville cooperates with the Home Builders of South Carolina to raise and contribute funds to candidates for elected offices in South Carolina through the South Carolina Builders PAC. Eighty percent of the funds we raise in Greenville, Pickens, and Laurens counties for S.C. Builders PAC are directed by the HBA of Greenville for local and legislative races in our area. The remaining 20 percent is used for statewide races like Governor and Attorney General and directed by a board of trustees. Immediate Past President Rick Quinn serves as the Chairman of the SC Builders PAC Board of Trustees and represents your Home Builders Association on the board of trustees.
In addition, your HBA of Greenville assists NAHB in raising funds for BuildPAC. All of the funds raised for BuildPAC are used for Federal races.
The Government Affairs Committee surveys and interviews candidates and makes recommendations for supporting those candidates to the Home Builders Association of Greenville Board of Directors, which makes the final decision on local and legislative races. The S.C. Builders PAC Trustees determines contributions for statewide races, and the BuildPAC Trustees determines the contributions for national races.
As a matter of Policy, NAHB's BuildPAC does not contribute to candidates for President or Vice President.