So where do these mostly first-time buyers want to live?
- 75% want to buy a single-family detached home.
- 66% would prefer to live in the suburbs.
- 24% would opt for rural areas.
- Only 10% would choose to live in the central city (a larger share than among Gen X’ers, Baby Boomers, or Seniors, but still a minority share).
- Laundry room
- Exterior lighting
- Energy-efficient appliances and energy rating for whole home
- Storage options like linen closets, walk-in pantry, and garage storage
- Park area
- Walking trails
- Outdoor swimming pool
All of these findings were presented during the 2015 International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas. A complete copy of the presentation can be downloaded here .